As individuals, we live in the belief that "every accomplishment starts with the decision to try".
We are dance teachers, choreographers, directors, arts administrators, arts presenters, and arts advocates.
Together, we have established companies and projects in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - like Chameleon Dance Edmonton and the Philippine Arts Festival in 2010. We have worked with different Filipino organizations and dance groups, including the Edmonton Festival Ballet, Edmonton Contemporary Dancers, Dance Unlimited, Dance Xtreme and the Ukrainian Shumka Dancers.
In Manila, Philippines, we founded the Chameleon Dance Company, the Teatro Silencio (a dance company of hearing impaired dancers), and worked with the major dance companies like Ballet Philippines, Philippine Ballet Theatre and Ballet Manila, and various government and cultural agencies.
The Lucila Project’s works include:
- conceptualization and presentation of performing arts events
- choreographies in classical and modern ballet
- providing training in modern and classical ballet, Philippine folk dance and dance improvisation and composition
- collaboration with artists, both emerging and established, from multi-disciplines
- community outreach and audience development activities
- arts and culture advocacy, with special focus on Philippine artists and works